We are pleased to announce that Langley Dental Practice has achieved the British Dental Association's Good Practice award.
The British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme is an independent recognition scheme to show patients that this practice is committed to a standard of good practice set by the profession's own national association.
Tariq Drabu, Managing Director together with Matthew Hodkinson Clinical Director and members of the Langley Dental Practice team picking up their BDA Good Practice award from Frank Holloway, President of the British Dental Association, at the British Dental Conference Manchester 28th April 2012.
The following are the commitments that the team at Langley Dental Practice has undertaken:
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients.
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes.
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- We look after your general health and safety while you are receiving dental care.
- We follow the British Dental Associations guidelines on infection control.
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find.
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up to date.
- We train all staff in practice-wide work schemes and review training plans once a year.
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints.
- Every member of our practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
Details of the scheme
The BDA Good Practice scheme was set up by the British Dental Association in February 2003 as a quality mark for dental practices.
The scheme sets a nationally recognised standard of care by improving the quality of information about NHS and private treatment and making the cost and nature of the care readily available to patients.
Importantly it insures that dentists communicate better with their patients and explain in a language that everyone can understand what treatment has been agreed and the cost implications.
The BDA Good Practice is a self-assesment audit, where everyone in a practice has to sign up to ten commitments about how patients are looked after and how the practice is managed. To comply with each commitment the practice has to prove they can meet a number of standards.
The scheme has developed in liaison with the Patients Association to underline the professions clear commitment to patient care.
The commitment to good practice is ongoing and successful practices are awarded a plaque to demonstrate membership of the scheme and a commitment to quality, comfort and safety in dentistry for both patients and staff.
For more information please visit the British Dental Association's website https://bda.org/findapractice